Saturday, September 13, 2008

A New Family Member

This is the newest edition to our family her name is Icesis (ice sis) she is a Australian Sheppard and a real sweet heart. What a lot of you don't know is that we are goingthrough a hard time right now on my husbands side. My mother in law, after five years of fighting leukemia, is losing her battle with this disease and is now being taken from us. She has been home for the past couple months and has declined fast and is expected to leave us any day now.

My husband was on the phone a week ago with his sister talking about funeral arrangements and he said the word casket with my stepson Damien in the room. Because of what we just went through with Grandma Asay he was well aware of what they are used for, he asked the inevitable question, "who's the casket going to be for" and my husband had to answer him "its going to be for Grandma Tina". I was in the room at the time and the look on my sons face was devastating - it had finally hit him what was happening to his Grandma Tina.

The mood has been grim and gloomy and I hate seeing my kids so sad and distraught, so I thought we needed a pick me up; one that would last (how sad can you be when you have a sweet little puppy licking your face) it has been just what we all needed. Icesis has been a wonderful addition to our family and my kids have been running around and loving that she chases them. When my husband starts to get sad, he picks her up holds her and he seems to feel just a little bit better. We even brought her over to my mother in laws house to meet the family. Icesis lifted some of the dimmest spirits of our family that were there. We love her and we are so happy to have her and I look forward to her growing up with my children.



7 comments:

Kee said...

What a great idea to have something like that for everyone. That is the cutest puppy. I didn't know you had a blog T. I hope you don't mind, but I put your link on mine. Keep your chin up hon, I know it has been a sucky several months. Love you guys.

Chris said...

What a cute little puppy. We just got a puppy too! Ours is part boxer.
Hang in there and please know that we are thinking of you. We will keep your family in our prayers.

traci said...

what a beautiful little puppy. i am sorry about your mother-in-law. my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Kd Perkins said...

Tiel I am so sorry for your loss. We will pray for your extended family.

Nan said...

Your puppy looks so sweet and adorable. She will fit in just right in your family. Sorry for your loss. We will keep your family in our prayers.

Sandypants said...

I just got home from the states on Thursday...My mom died unexpectedly..so I know just how your husband feels (except he knew it was coming)..;but the hurt and emptiness is the same. You'll all be in my thoughts and prayers Tielly. Love you.

Jennifer said...

Tiel, You have a beautiful family! I miss you and all of Montana so much!
Jennifer - aka Sister Call